Saturday, August 02, 2008

Road Warriors (Part 5)


Crossroads


We made it to Indiana! Okay, it's really not that exciting - just lots of farmland, but we made it out of Ohio.

I hereby award Indiana the Lifetime Achievement Award for the worst bathroom EVER. We stopped at a rest stop to get some caffeine, and I walked into the restroom...then walked right out. I've travelled quite a bit over the years, covering a lot of the U.S. at ground level, and I've got to say this was the foulest restroom I've ever seen in my entire life. Now I'm not going to sit here and describe the odors, stains, and sights of this bacetrial circus in depth, but I wanted to point out that it has a shoe shine machine. A rather fancy one, with multiple brushes, multiple choices of polish, and a dollar-bill acceptor. Why have a shoe shine machine in a restroom this sleazy? The only explanation I can think of is that after tip-toeing through the feces, you'll need to clean your shoes somehow. Sadly, I didn't see a coin-operated antibiotic dispenser near the shoe shine machine, so I ventured no closer.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home