Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Still here...

Getting settled in a new place. I know I've said this before, but I'm never moving again. I've just got too much junk. I suppose the intelligent thing would have been to throw stuff away prior to packing it (back in Phoenix in 2006, no less!).


The house needs some work. It was built in the 70's. Luckily, it missed some of the 70's fads: aluminum wiring, asbestos popcorn ceilings, etc. But there's still lots to do. There are no lights in the rooms - I guess in the 70's the only built-in lights were in the bathrooms (and don't forget that staple of kitchen/hallway decorative lighting: the hi-hat!).


Sometimes I wonder what the previous owners were thinking. Take for example the dryer: it vents to the crawl space! Also, in a stunning display of electrical engineering prowess, a 50 amp dryer was on a circuit with a 40 amp breaker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home