Sunday, October 15, 2006

Long day

I got a lot done today. After putting the rear Virginia plate on the Toyota, I drove to Leesburg, where there's a Toyota dealer. I was hoping to find some sort of bracket for the license plate - the front bumper is devoid of any mouting bracket (or holes, for that matter). It turns out that since my car was sold in Arizona (where there are no front plates required), there's no need to make the front bumper to accept them. I solved that problem with an awl, a screwdriver, and two sheet-metal screws. The car passed inspection, and I now have an annoying canary-yellow sticker on the front windshield.

Next stop was the credit union in Leesburg: I have a paycheck to deposit. Unfortunately, it was closed, so I drove to Fairfax (the next closest credit union), and just made it in before closing. After that, I drove around Vienna for a while, just checking out the area.

Next stop: Manassas National Battlefield Park. It was my first time there, and I spent over two hours hiking around the battlefield and over to the Stone House.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home