Sunday, March 25, 2007

Spring

It's 64 today (feels more like 74 or so), and I think we're all done with the snow for this year. All in all, not too bad. Maybe five days of snow, and five days of driving through slush. This is the first time I've lived anywhere with snow since I've been 6 years old (Stratford, CT). Of course, at that point, I didn't have to shovel it, just play in it and try not to track too much into the house.


Started on planting today - some roses and some seeds. We'll see how growing season is in Virginia. In Phoenix, you plant in January, and by May roses were gasping their last breaths. Everyone around us is laying down mulch like crazy. You see it stacked in front of houses, eight bags high. Ant it's all hardwood mulch. Doesn't anyone here use eucalyptus? That's what I used back in Florida. Smelled better, and did keep the bugs from completely taking over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home